Violations & Penalties
Parking regulations are enforced 24 hours, 365 days a year. Enforcement by ticketing and towing is constant. Enforcement in problem areas is especially rigorous.
1. No Decal – $25.00
2. Excess Speed – $25.00
3. Improper Operation – $25.00
4. Disregarding officer signal – $25.00
5. Disregarding stop sign – $25.00
6. Parking in student area – $25.00
7. Parking in visitor area – $10.00
8. Parking in staff area – $25.00
9. Obstructing traffic – $25.00
10. Parking in Fire Zone – $25.00
11. “No Parking” area – $25.00
12. Parking in Disabled area – $100.00
13. Overnight parking – $25.00
14. Driving on restricted roadway – $25.00
Fines may be paid by mail with a check or money order made payable to Middlesex County College. Mailed payments should be sent to:
Violation Bureau, MCCPD
Middlesex County College,
2600 Woodbridge Avenue
P.O. Box 3050
Edison, New Jersey 08818-3050
Mailed payments must be postmarked within fourteen days of the date the ticket was issued. Late payment will result in an additional $5.00 processing fee for each ticket. Please send the actual ticket with payment.
Payments may also be made in person at the traffic office using cash or check, Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. or from the Cashier’s office in Chambers Hall from 8:30 a.m. to 4: 00 p.m. using cash, check or Visa/Master Card.
Towing of Vehicles
Vehicles are subject to towing at the owner’s expense for any violation of college parking registration rules. Towable offenses include, but not limited to:
- Excessive outstanding balance due for unpaid tickets.
- Use of a counterfeit /lost/stolen or alter decal or permit
- Use of a decal or permit obtained by fraud.
- Violation of rules and regulations as posted on signs.
Private companies contracted with the college provide towing. Cost of towing and storage is paid directly to the tow company. The college does not benefit monetarily from the towing of vehicles.
By law, after the tow mechanism is attached, the tow company is responsible for the vehicle. All claims damage must be made to the tow company directly. They are expected to treat everyone professionally and courteously.