- Previous Award Recipients
- CELT Services
- Teaching Resources
- Faculty Awards
- Campus Resources
- About Us
- #709 (no title)
Would you like to have your syllabus reviewed by colleagues at MCC? If so, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
As you know, the syllabus is an extremely important document. It sets the tone for the course, provides students with clear expectations about the course, grading information and how they can access support.
• Name/Number, Description, Purpose, Learning Outcomes, Content Areas, Location/Times/Days, Textbooks, Supplemental Readings, Calendar, Due Dates
Instructor and Campus Support Information
• Name, Office Location/Hours, Phone, E-mail Address, Welcome Statement/Teaching Philosophy, Campus Resources Available
Assignments and Grading Information
• Grading Policy, Scale, Assignment Names/Descriptions, Grading Details/Rubrics, Course Outline with Due Dates and Learning Activities
• Late/Missed Work Policy, Attendance Policy, Academic Conduct Policy, Disability Policy
• Have you drawn attention to important components such as learning outcomes?
• Have you provided enough details?
• Have you effectively organized your syllabus? Did you use visual tools?
• What is the tone of your syllabus? Have you made it personal and engaging?
• Have you encouraged students to use supports available?