Welcome to the Department of Health and Safety
We offer services to all MCC students, faculty, and staff. The office is staffed by a registered nurse, clerical assistant and part time physician. After-hours emergency first aid is provided by the campus police. Services are provided in accordance with the Recommended Standards and Practices for a College Health Program as prescribed by the American College Health Association.
- Nursing assessment of health problems and referrals as needed.
- Health counseling to assist in coping with problems and to help promote healthier life-styles.
- First aid/urgent care that may help reduce serious complications.
- Diagnostic screenings that permit early intervention.
- Individual and group education sessions.
- Immunization offered “at cost” to students.
- Maintenance of health records required for all students participating in clinical areas required by contract with clinical sites.
- Sanitary supplies and condoms are available at the Health & Safety Office.
Immunization shots and their cost:
- Tetanus – $25 each
- MMR – $65 each
- Hepatitis B – $48 each
- PPD – $10 each
The information you give to us is confidential!