We invite you to join us for the following Financial Aid (FAFSA) Workshops being held at the New Brunswick Center:
FAFSA Working Sessions
- Wednesday, February 25th, 2015, 6 PM – 8 PM
- Wednesday, March 11th, 2015, 6 PM – 8PM
- Wednesday, April 8th, 2015, 6PM – 8PM
- Wednesday, April 22nd, 2015, 6PM – 8PM
Attention MCC students, HS seniors and parents! In order to qualify for federal, state, and local aid (scholarships, grants, etc.), students MUST complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) each year. It is strongly recommended that taxes be filed two weeks prior to the FAFSA working session as this will allow you to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool which allows the seamless transfer of data from the IRS to the FAFSA application.
The session will be an actual FAFSA filing workshop in a computer lab. This workshop may last up to two hours and will allow parents and students to complete the FAFSA with the help of MCC college personnel and a representative from HESAA (Higher Education Student Assistance Authority). MCC recommends that the FAFSA be completed by May 1st .
Please be sure to have all required documentation with you during the workshop in order to allow for accurate FAFSA completion:
- Social Security # (parent and student)
- Drivers license numbers
- Federal tax information or tax returns (including W-2) for both parents if married
- Federal tax information or tax returns (including W-2) for student
- Records of untaxed income (child support received, investment, saving and checking account balances, assets, etc.)
If you have any questions about the workshop, you may call 732-745-8866.