Transfer Services Home
The Transfer Services Office, currently located in Edison Hall, Rm 100, is open to students every day that the Department of Counseling is open. Normal daily hours are from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and later on most Mondays and Thursdays. Summer hours are Monday -Thursday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:45 pm. Please come in and look around. No appointment is needed to use the facilities. To contact us, call (732) 906-2546.
Read about the services available to you at the Transfer Service Office.
including The 10 Steps To Follow For A Smooth Transfer Process!
The Transfer Services Office at a Glance
- The Annual Transfer Fact Sheet on Four-Year New Jersey Colleges
- Individual advising and program planning also college counseling
- Computerized career assessment and college search programs
- Very knowledgeable people who are willing to help with what at first glance, appears to be a very confusing process
- Articulation Agreements with four-year colleges and universities many of which result a seamless transition from the Associate to the Bachelor’s degree
- Joint Admission Programs with specific institutions leading to junior standing upon completion of the associate’s degree at MCC
- Our Computer Lab, with internet access to a nationwide collection of current college catalogues (U.S. as well as international), allows students to find the latest information on colleges and universities all over the country, as well as put the finishing touches on that report due next period
- Credentials Service: Credentials describe a student’s academic and/or employment progress as observed by that student’s professors or employers. Credentials can be very useful when applying for transfer to other colleges or to a future employer since they are actually letters of reference. Credentials offer personal testimony to the student’s observed skills, abilities, and attitudes.
- Scholarship opportunities as well as information about other financial aid opportunities
- Special programs and scholarship references for minorities and foreign students
- Use of the many specialized reference books, guides, and college catalogs which are maintained in our Center library as well as a section on careers and job search tips
- People able to explain The New Jersey Comprehensive State-wide Transfer Agreement (aka) the New Jersey Transfer Law, and help a student plan for its most effective use.
The MCC Transfer Guide was created to help students and their advisors gain greater understanding and obtain specific information as they develop their own plans for a successful transfer after MCC.