The New Jersey S.T.A.R.S. program provides a tuition scholarship to eligible New Jersey high school graduates. In order to apply for the scholarship, please complete the following steps:
Step 1: Admissions
- Apply Online and pay the $25 application fee. There is no separate application process for NJ STARS candidates
- Students must declare a major: Selections such as Certificate of Achievement, Technical Certificate, or a non-degree program will result in your ineligibility for the NJ STARS Program.
- After you receive an admissions acceptance letter, you must enter your social security number on Web Advisor.
Step 2: Immunization Records
Submit your immunization records directly to the Department of Health and Safety Building by the Mill Road Gate Entrance.
Step 3: Financial Aid
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov Middlesex County College MUST be listed as a school choice: School Code 002615
Students that cannot fill out a FAFSA application due to citizenship status should check to see if they are eligible for a NJ Alternative Financial Aid Application:
- Students that cannot fill out a FAFSA application due to citizenship status should check to see if they are eligible for a NJ Alternative Financial Aid Application:
- Supply any additional information requested of by viewing your Financial Aid Self Service. You can activate your Financial Aid Self-Service by logging onto WebAdvisor. It will located underneath the financial aid section of WebAdvisor.
- Go to njgrants.org. Select “NJ FAMS.” Create a NJFAMS Account to see if HESAA is requesting additional information. You must use the same social security number as you did on www.fafsa.gov to link the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Step 4: Testing and SAT Scores
Prepare for and take the College Placement Test, unless you are exempt. Visit the Testing Center website:
- Submit your official SAT & AP scores to Enrollment Services located in West Hall on the 1st floor if you have taken them in high school.
Note: students that need to take developmental coursework have one year after high school graduation to complete all necessary courses, before they can activate their scholarship.
- Ex: Graduated high school June 2019 and start at Middlesex Fall 2019, you have until the start of your Fall 2020 Semester to complete all developmental coursework
Step 5: Sign up to Register for Classes at Group Advising (New Student Orientation Program)
- Sign up for a Group Advising Session! (See admittance email and letter for instructions)
- Meet with an Academic Advisor
Register for classes
- NJ S.T.A.R.S. program requires students to register for a minimum of 12 credits per semester. The scholarship will pay tuition for up to 18 credits per semester.
- Receive your registration Statement.
- Get Prepared for your first semester at MCC.
Step 6: Contact NJ STARS Coordinator
- Submit an official copy of your official, final high school transcript to Middlesex County College
- Students that are ranked in the top 15% of their graduation class at the end of their JUNIOR year must submit a letter or official transcript from high school indicating their rank and class size
- Students that moved into the top 15% of their graduation class at the end of their senior year must submit an official final transcript with their rank and class size.
- Fill out, sign and return the New Jersey S.T.A.R.S. Program Agreement to NJSTARS@middlesexcc.edu, mail to NJ S.T.A.R.S. Coordinator, Middlesex County College, 2600 Woodbridge Ave, Edison, NJ 08818, or dropped off to West Hall.
- You may, meet with the NJ .S.T.A.R.S. Coordinator to finalize your eligibility. Please make an appointment.
Questions? Contact the NJ Stars Coordinator, NJSTARS@middlesexcc.edu or 732-548-6000 x3517