The New Jersey S.T.A.R.S. program provides a tuitions scholarship to eligible New Jersey high school graduates. In order to apply for the scholarship, please complete the following steps:
Step 1: Admissions
- Apply Online and pay the $25 application fee. There is no separate application process for NJ STARS candidates
- Must declare a major: Selections such as Certificate of Achievement, Technical Certificate, or a non-degree program will result in your ineligibility for the NJ STARS Program.
- After you receive an admissions acceptance letter, you must enter your social security number on Web Advisor.
Step 2: Immunization Records
Submit your immunization records directly to the Department of Health and Safety in Mill Gate.
Step 3: Financial Aid
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov Middlesex County College MUST be selected as your first school choice: School Code 002615
- Supply any additional information requested of by viewing your Financial Aid Self Service
- Create an account on njgrants.org to log in and see if the State of New Jersey (NJ HESAA) is requesting any additional information
Step 4: Testing and SAT Scores
- Prepare for and take the College Placement Test, or receive an exemption. Visit the Testing Center website www.middlesexcc.edu/testing-center.
- Please visit our testing website for SAT exemption information, study guides and testing hours at www.middlesexcc.edu/testing. Submit your official SAT & AP scores to Enrollment Services located in West Hall 1st floor.
- Note: students that need to take developmental coursework have one year after high school graduate to complete all necessary courses before they can activate their scholarship.
Step 5: Sign up to Register for Classes at Group Advising (New Student Orientation Program)
- Sign up for a Group Advising Session! (See admittance email and letter for instructions)
- Meet with an Academic Advisor
- Register for classes
- NJ S.T.A.R.S. program requires the student register for a minimum of 12 credits per semester. The scholarship will pay tuition for up to 18 credits per semester.
- Receive your registration Statement
- Get Prepared for your first semester at MCC
Step 6: Contact NJ STARS Coordinator
- Submit an official copy your final high school transcript to Middlesex County College
- Students that ranked in the top 15% of their graduation class at the end of their JUNIOR year must submit a letter or official transcript from high school indicating their rank and class size
- Students that moved into the top 15% of their graduation class at the end of their senior year must submit an official final transcript with their rank and class size.
- Fill out, sign, and return the New Jersey S.T.A.R.S. Program Contract with the New Jersey S.T.A.R.S. coordinator.
- If necessary, meet with the NJ .S.T.A.R.S. Coordinator to finalize your eligibility
Questions??? Contact the NJ Stars Coordinator, NJSTARS@middlesexcc.edu or 732-548-6000 X3517