Step 1: Admissions
- Apply Online and pay the $25 application fee. There is no separate application process for NJ STARS candidates)
- Must apply as a full-time student;
- Must declare a major: Selections such as Certificate of Achievement, Technical Certificate, or a non-degree program (open college) will result in your ineligibility for the NJ STARS Program.
- Email your full name and home address to NJSTARS@middlesexcc.edu for verification. NJ STARS candidates must be legal permanent residents or citizens of the US.
- NJ STARS Eligibility: students must have been ranked in the top 15% of their class at the end of either their junior or senior year.
Step 2: Immunization Records
Submit your immunization records directly to the Department of Health and Safety in Mill Gate.
Step 3: Financial Aid
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov Middlesex County College MUST be selected as your School of First Choice: School Code 002615.
- Supply any additional information requested of you by Financial Aid.
- If selected for federal or state verification, “Request a Tax Transcript” at www.middlesexcc.edu/financial-aid/forms/
- Click on the State link: www.njgrants.org to enter additional untaxed information if required by the State of New Jersey.
Step 4: Testing and SAT Scores
- Prepare for and take the College Placement Test, or receive an exemption. Visit the Testing Center website www.middlesexcc.edu/testing-center.
- Exemption Criteria: You will be exempt from all or part of the Placement Test with SAT scores of at least 540 in Critical Reading & 530 in Math. Submit your official SAT & AP scores to the Office of Admissions.
Step 5: Campus Cruiser
- Activate your Campus Cruiser account. Your temporary login and password will be provided to you in your admittance status email and letter from the Office of Admissions
- Review the electronic enrollment packet sent to your Campus Cruiser account.
- Enter your social security number (required) through Campus Cruiser. (See enrollment packet for instructions).
Step 6: Attend Orientation
Sign up for New Student Orientation! (see enrollment packet for instructions)
- Meet with an Academic Advisor
- Register for classes
- Get your college ID card
- Take a short tour of campus
- Learn from other students and professionals about being a student at MCC.
7) Contact NJ STARS Coordinator
Meet with the NJ STARS Coordinator to finalize eligibility and complete the NJ STARS Student Contract: Office located in Chambers Hall-Room 121.
Questions??? Contact the NJ Stars Coordinator, NJSTARS@middlesexcc.edu or 732-548-6000 X3517