Faculty Excellence In Teaching
ELIGIBILITY AND PARTICIPATION
All full-time and adjunct faculty are eligible to be considered for the MCC Faculty Excellence in Teaching Award. To receive this award, the candidate must have demonstrated expertise in the discipline along with innovations teaching strategies that assist students with reaching their academic potential; such as:
- Uses innovative and research based teaching strategies
- Encourages student engagement and active learning
- Emphasizes academic, work and career preparation
- Development of software, videos and other materials that support learning
Anyone in the college community may nominate a candidate for the award or individuals may nominate themselves by completing the form below. Nominations must be received by December 15th at 5:00 p.m.
All nominees will be notified and be asked to submit the following in support of their nomination by February 1st:
- Teaching experience (list of courses taught)
- Teaching statement or philosophy, including how teaching strategies positively impacts student learning and success on our campus (no more than five pages)
- Sample syllabi, videos, PowerPoint presentations, or other course materials
- Additional documentation that demonstrates excellence in teaching
SELECTION OF THE AWARD RECIPIENT
Members of the CELT Advisory Board and the Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs will constitute the selection committee. They will review the documents referenced above and discuss the nominations. The selection committee will make a recommendation to the College President for the MCC Faculty Excellence in Teaching Award.
NOTIFICATION OF AWARD AND PRESENTATION
The candidate will be notified by the College President of his or her selection. The MCC Faculty Excellence in Teaching Award recipient will be invited to accept the award at a ceremony in March and will make a presentation based on his or her achievement.