Learning Academies and Workshops
In addition to one hour workshops, CELT offers significant learning experiences for faculty who want to work with others to explore teaching and learning concepts in more depth. Faculty Learning Academies may be in-person sessions, online sessions, or a combination or hybrid experience.
The Learning Academies for 2017-2018 will meet monthly. Our topics are:
- Book Club discussing Blindspot: Hidden Biases of Good People
- New Full-time Faculty Mentoring Program
- “New to MCC” Adjunct Mentoring Program.
For further information, email CELT@middlesexcc.edu.
Previous Learning Academies:
- Designing and Teaching Online and Hybrid Courses – Spring 2017
- Creating Culturally Responsive Learning Environments – Spring 2016
- Teaching with Technology – Spring 2016
- Flipped Learning Users Group (FLUG) – Fall 2015
- New Adjunct Program – Spring 2015
- Online Learning Best Practices – Spring 2015
- Maximizing Learning via Group Work – Spring 2015
- Creating a Powerful Syllabus – Summer 2014
Throughout the year, CELT offers many teaching and learning workshops. The 4th Monday of every month during the academic year is known as CELT Monday (11:00 hour). Faculty will get to choose from two different programs every CELT Monday. In addition, workshops are also offered on various days and times throughout the year.
SOTL Workshops – Emphasizing the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SOTL) literature, these workshops highlight research-based teaching practices.
Teaching with Technology – Technology workshops assist faculty with the “how-to” part of technology, but more importantly on how to infuse technology into courses in a meaningful way.
Professional Development Days
CELT organizes our annual Professional Development Day every August. If you have ideas about future programs, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.