Ready to Work NJ
Middlesex County College is pleased to participate in the Ready to Work NJ program offered by the NJ Community College Consortium for Workforce and Economic Development on behalf of New Jersey’s 19 community colleges and in partnership with other organizations.
- Unemployed for 6 or more months and ready to work?
- An unemployed military veteran for 6 or more months?
- Underemployed for 6 or more months?
If you answer “yes” to one or more of those questions, you may be eligible to participate in Ready to Work NJ, which provides coaching, training and job placement services for the long-term unemployed, military veterans, or underemployed.
Visit Ready to Work NJ at http://rtwnj.org/ and click on Job Seekers Start Here. Complete the online application form to find out if you qualify to receive free coaching and on-the-job skills training leading to a permanent, full-time job with a participating employer.
To be eligible for the Ready to Work NJ program, you must:
- Be a legal New Jersey resident and 18 years or older
- Have a high school diploma/GED or higher
- Have been unemployed or underemployed for six months or longer
- Have experience and/or skills applicable in current job market or interest to begin a new career
- Have official proof of unemployment or underemployment status
Preference will be given to military veterans.
The Ready To Work New Jersey grant is funded entirely by the US Department of Labor and the NJ Department of Labor & Workforce Development.