MCC is committed to providing high-quality education and ensuring you are safe and healthy during this pandemic. We are offering remote, online, and hybrid courses.

For more information, visit  


Academic Advising

How do I connect with an Academic Advisor?

Visit the Academic Advising web page for detailed information on your advising online options.

If you still have questions, email:

How do I change my major?

Students who wish to change their major need to contact the Academic Advising Center.

For more information:


I’ve applied to MCC. How will I find out the status of my application?

You’ll receive an email at the email address you provided in your online application. Be sure to follow the next steps outlined in the email.

How can I submit documents to the College?

Although we are not open for in-person document drop-off, we are able to access documents scanned and sent in an email to the College. Or, you may photograph your document and attach the picture to your email. The appropriate department will review your documents for approval. Please include your full name, ID number, and phone number in your email.

Important email addresses:

How do I access my NET ID?

Your NET ID login is provided in your admittance notice (letter and email). Visit myMCC, then choose NET ID Account Management.

If you are currently enrolled as a student but don’t know your NET ID login, or are having trouble with your password, please email:

Academic Departments

What is the best way to reach an academic Department, Department Chair or Dean?

Our academic administrators are available to help all students remotely. The offices remain closed to walk-ins. Please reach out for academic help as follows:

Division of Liberal Arts
732-906-2533 (main line)

English Department
732-906-2591 (main line)

ESL, Languages, and Cultures
732-906-2597 (main line)

History and Social Sciences Department
732-906-2590 (main line)

Visual, Performing and Media Arts Department
732-906-2589 (main line)

Division of Business, STEM and Health Professions
732-906-2571 (main line)

  • Donna Howell, Acting Dean
  • Theresa O’Reilly, Assistant Dean
  • Kathleen Hogue, Administrative Assistant
  • Contact to schedule a virtual appointment with the Dean or Assistant Dean

Business and Computer Science Department
732-906-2594 (main line – Business)
732-906-2592 (main line – Computer Science)

Dental Hygiene Department

732-906-2633 (main line)

Engineering Technologies Department

732-906-2586 (main line)

Hospitality, Culinary Arts and Dietetics Department

732-906-2538 (main line)

Mathematics Department

732-906-2585 (main line)

Natural Sciences Department
732-906-2592 (main line – Biology)
732-906-2587 (main line)

Nursing Department

732-906-4660 (main line)

Radiography Department

732-906-2583 (main line)


Where can I ask general counseling questions?

Please email your questions to

How can I connect with a Disability Services counselor?

Please email to connect with a Disability Services counselor.

How can I make an appointment for Career and Transfer counseling?

To make an appointment for career and transfer counseling please email

How can I connect with an International Student Services counselor?

Please email to connect with an International Student Services counselor.

What if I or someone I know is experiencing a mental health crisis?

If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health emergency please, call 911, contact your local emergency room or call University Behavioral Health Care at 732-235-5700 (Middlesex County designated screening center)

If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis, CONTACT ONE OF THE FOLLOWING NUMBERS FOR ASSISTANCE:

  • New Jersey Hope Line: 1-855-654-6735
  • University Behavioral Health Care at 732-235-5700
  • National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255

    For Deaf or Hard of Hearing

    • Video Relay Service – Dial 800-273-8255
    • TTY – Dial 800-799-4889
    • Voice/Caption Phone – Dial 800-273-8255
Students having difficulty coping with COVID-19 can request a remote appointment with a Middlesex County College counselor by emailing

County Resources

Center for Empowerment Hotline

Call 1-877-665-7273

The Center for Empowerment continues to be available for crisis intervention, information, and referral for survivors of sexual violence and their loved ones, as well as the community.

COVID-19 Educational Videos

The Division of Public Health Preparedness and Health Education has created videos providing an overview of COVID-19. The videos are available in English and in Spanish.

Support by Telephone and Online

For residents who are having difficulty coping with the COVID-19 crisis, please call New Jersey Mental Health Cares, Mental Health Association in New Jersey, Inc. at (877) 294-HELP (4357) between the hours of 8 am to 8 pm for emotional support, guidance and mental health referrals as needed.

The Office of Human Services has compiled a list of support resources, with a focus on mental health and addiction recovery.

View list of additional telephone and online resources

I’m feeling overwhelmed by the current events. What can I do for my emotional health?

The outbreak of COVID-19 may be stressful for people. Fear and anxiety about a disease can be overwhelming and cause strong emotions in adults and children. Coping with stress will make you, the people you care about, and your community stronger.

Taking Care of Your Emotional Health

The outbreak of COVID-19 may be stressful for people. Fear and anxiety about a disease can be overwhelming and cause strong emotions in adults and children. Coping with stress will make you, the people you care about, and your community stronger.

Anxiety disorders involve more than temporary worry or fear—and their symptoms can interfere with daily activities such as job performance, school work and relationships.

Disaster Distress Helpline a 24/7, 365 day a year counseling and support to people experiencing emotional distress related to natural or human-caused disasters.

Financial Aid

How can I determine the status of my financial aid?

For step-by-step instructions go to

How do I apply for a student loan?

For step-by-step instructions go to

FAFSA on Demand – I need help with my FAFSA. How can I get assistance?


At this time, no in-person assistance is available. A financial aid representative can attempt to assist you via email inquiry. Please send an email to listing your questions, MCC ID (if applicable), and a call back telephone number.

Federal Work Study

All FWS were sent an email on Monday, March 16, 2020 stating that effective Tuesday, March 17, 2020 FWS are not to report to work. As per guidelines from the Department of Education, students will be paid for their regularly scheduled hours.

If you have questions, contact us directly at with your MCC ID and we will return your inquiry as soon as possible.

NJ Stars

To determine your potential eligibility for the NJ STARS program, please contact us directly at with your MCC ID, the year you graduated or will graduate from high school, and a telephone number in which you can be reached and we will return your inquiry as soon as possible.

SAP Appeals

You can find the fillable MCC SAP Appeal Form by accessing the SAP web page at

Please fill out the form and send to the SAP mailbox at Additional steps, if applicable, will be communicated through an email response.


Please contact us directly at with your MCC ID and we will return your inquiry as soon as possible.

Verification processing of documents: I submitted documents to complete my financial aid. When will my financial aid be complete?

Please contact us directly at with your MCC ID and we will return your inquiry as soon as possible.

I was asked to provide additional documentation for the verification process, how do I submit these documents?

At this time, we are unable to accept any physical documents. If you are able to scan/email/fax the documents, please send to:

Registration and Records

How do I register, add, and drop classes?

Use your NET ID to log into Self Service. Click on Student Planning, then Schedule and Register for Classes.

For more enrollment information, please see

Still have questions? Email us

I’m planning to graduate. What happens next?

The deadline to apply for May 2020 graduation is April 1, 2020.

For more information on deadlines and information on May Commencement, please see

Email for more information.

I need to order my transcript

Go to

Still have questions? Email us at

I need to get a certification of enrollment

Certifications of enrollment are available to current students through WebAdvisor. Please see for information on obtaining a certification of enrollment.

Still have questions – email:

I need to obtain a Tuition Chargeback to attend another NJ community college or I wish to use the Tuition Chargeback to attend MCC.

For procedures on the Tuition Chargeback program, please visit:

Still have questions – email:


We are providing academic support remotely using email ( or, WCOnline for writing, and Canvas Conference for research assistance, library instruction, and subject tutoring. Telephone options are not available at this time. Please see the Library’s COVID-19 response at

How can I use a College Computer Lab?

Edison Campus

The Learning Center Lab (Instructional Resource Center 241, see map) is an open computer lab. Hours of operation are Monday to Saturday, 9 am – 4 pm. The Computer Lab is open to all students and MCC employees.

  • Students can make an appointment using this link to schedule general computer, subject computing, and individual study space.
  • Appointments should be made 24 hours in advance. A limited number of drop-in spaces are available; please call ahead of time to ensure that a seat/services requested are available at (732) 548-6000 x3222.
  • Seats in the lab are limited to align with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) social distancing recommendations of 6 feet.
  • Appointments are for 1 hour with appointment times starting at 9 am, 10:30 am, 12 pm, 1:30 pm, and 3 pm. Cleaning protocols are in place between appointments.
  • Only Fall 2020 registered students and College personnel may use the facility. Children of students and staff will not be allowed in the lab. Public users, such as alumni, are not permitted to use the facility.
  • Learn more about computer options at

New Brunswick Center

Tuesday & Thursday, 8:30 am – 6 pm

Perth Amboy Center

Monday & Wednesday, 8:30am – 6 pm

Is the Library open? What are the Library services?

  • The Library is not open at present. Library research and instruction is offered remotely.
  • The Library Services Department has two on-campus services this fall: curbside pickup of library materials and print on demand items.
  • For information, see
  • Hours of operation are

    • Monday through Friday, 8 am to 8 pm (Fridays 5 pm to 8 pm by phone/text)
    • Saturday, 9 am to 4 pm
    • Sundays, Closed
  • Patrons are encouraged to use the Library’s online databases to locate e-books, journal articles, reference materials, streaming media, and other formats of online works. English readings are linked in our LibGuides.
  • Text/telephone support is available at (732) 659-0704 Monday through Friday.

How can I access tutoring?

All of the tutoring services that we normally offer on campus are available remotely. We are using Canvas Conferences for research assistance, library instruction, and subject tutoring and WCOnline for writing tutoring.

Please watch the overview video of how remote tutoring using Canvas Conferences works.

  • Tutoring help information, for specific courses and for writing, can be found at
  • Students who are unable to meet with tutors during their regular schedules may request an appointment by sending an email to Include course information, assignment, and requested time to meet and they will do their best to schedule an appointment with a tutor.

Where can I go to print?

During the Fall 2020 Semester, the Learning Center computing lab will be open for individual study and for computing/printing. However, for those who need to print but do not wish to come to campus, curbside pickup is available to MCC students by appointment only. Please plan ahead as appointments are only on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursdays at this time. At least 24 hours is needed for your curbside pickup to be processed, and items requested Thursday evening through the weekend will be processed on the following Monday. If you need your print jobs faster than that you may use the lab instead.

  1. Place your request using the MCC Library Curbside Request Form
  2. A Library staff member will contact you to set up an appointment for pickup and provide you a number to call.
  3. The Library staff will print and deduct the cost of your print out from your GoPrint account.

    • 7c per single-sided black/white page
    • 10c per double-sided black/white pages (i.e., 5c per side)
    • 25c per color page – no discount for double-sided pages.

More information about the printing service is available at

At your appointment time:

  • Pickup will be at the lower level entrance to the Instructional Resource Center (IRC) facing Alumni Drive (see map). You may park temporarilyin the small handicapped-accessible parking lot on Alumni Drive next to the IRC building (where the library book drop is located).
  • Call 732-906-0704 when you have arrived.
  • A staff member will bring your items to the IRC entrance to the left of the lot, and meet you in the vestibule just inside the doors.
  • Items that you are borrowing will already checked out to you. Please wear a face mask and be prepared to provide identifying information (your name or MCC ID card).

If you have any questions, please call 732-659-0704 or contact a librarian.

Will I be able to study in the library? Where can I use a computer lab?

The Library and [effective: Friday, March 20, 8 pm] the Learning Center computing lab (Instructional Resource Center 241) will remain closed until further notice.

How can I get help with library resources and services?

Library help services will be available online Monday through Thursday 8 am to 6:30 pm and Fridays 8 am to 5 pm. These services will be available via Canvas groups, which all students may join.

How can I access library resources for my class?

Patrons are encouraged to use the Library’s online databases to locate journal articles, e-books, reference materials, streaming media, and other formats of online works. English course readings are linked in our LibGuides.

In order to access library databases, you’ll need to sign in with your NET ID and your email password (students) or your Infonet/Outlook Username and Password (faculty)

  • Your NET ID is the part of your middlesex email before the @ symbol.
  • If you run into problems accessing databases – email:

I have books checked out. Will I get fines for not bringing them back?

Materials currently checked out will have due dates extended until after we return to normal operations. There is no need to return any items during this time, and no fines will accrue.

Any items that you do wish to return should be placed in the drop box on Alumni Drive.

Will I be able to check out books from the library? Will I be able to get materials from other libraries?

There will be no new checkouts of physical Library material, including course reserves and headphones.

At this time, interlibrary loan service is only available for electronic articles.

How can I use e-books from the library?

Use the Library Catalog’s ebooks function to find books on your topic. Then click on the Electronic Access link for the book, and sign in with your NetID and email password.

My class is scheduled to meet at the library on a certain date. What will happen?

Library instruction will be coordinated with the instructor and provided via a live conference link in Canvas.

Didn’t find what you’re looking for?

We have staff working remotely to provide you with services normally available in West Hall. To reach us by email and receive a reply within 24 hours, please follow the steps below.

  1. On the MCC web site click on “Admissions” and then “Enrollment Services”:
  2. Choose “Ask Enrollment Services” on the top right side of the page:
  3. Choose a topic from the “I’m looking for information about…” drop-down menu.
  4. If you aren’t sure which topic to pick, choose “Registration and Records” and we’ll steer you in the right direction.

Current MCC students are urged to use their MCC Outlook email account when emailing the College. Don’t have an MCC email account? Don’t worry, use your personal email address, we’ll still make every effort to answer your questions and provide you with the help you need.

chat loading...