College presents new experiences which may require adjustments in life as new interests and abilities are discovered. Professional counselors assist students in making decisions about career choices, educational majors, college transfer and personal concerns. Counselors assist students in adjusting to the demands of college, and in improving their academic and social skills.
The Department of Counseling Services works by appointment so that time with a counselor or staff member can be reserved just for you. Specific drop-in times are available at key times during the year (click here for drop-in times). Drop-in opportunities are also available during normal hours of operation, subject to the availability of professional staff.
Specialized Services are available for Students with Disabilities, Returning Veterans, International, African American, Hispanic, and South Asian Students. Bi-lingual counselors are also available for Spanish, Urdu, and Malayalam speaking students. Special assistance is also available for other students with English language difficulties.
The Department of Counseling Services provides support to enhance student development and foster a successful college experience for all students.
1. Assist students with career decisions, educational planning, college transfer, academic success and personal concerns.
2. Assist students in adjusting to the demands of college, and in improving their academic and social skills.
3. Assist students with personal issues that may affect their academic and interpersonal effectiveness by gaining self-understanding.
4. Provide special assistance to international students, students with disabilities, to students for whom English is not their first language, returning adults and armed services veterans.
5. Provide career and transfer services to alumni.
6. Provide assistance to the College community in identifying and addressing student development and behavioral issues.
7. Coordinate College services to comply with Section 504/ADA and INS regulations for students.