Upcoming Transfer Information Sessions
If transferring to a 4-year college or university is part of your plan, we can help you choose a degree program and courses that will transfer successfully. Transferring can be seamless. Transfer Counselors can work with you to discuss your transfer goals and create a plan that will help you meet those goals.
As you begin your academic career at Middlesex County College, you should start exploring transfer schools and options. Counselors are available to help you meet your career and educational goals. We are here to help you facilitate a seamless transfer to the college/university of their choice.
Determine which College/University you would like to attend and which has a degree in your desired field.
• Research admission requirements. GPA, application deadlines, minimum/maximum number of transfer credits accepted
• Investigate the cost of attendance.
• Explore scholarship and financial aid requirements.
• Determine if there is an on campus living requirement for transfer students.
When you meet with a counselor we will review degree plans and course equivalency guides for your College/University and major.
o Assistance in selecting a major that will transfer smoothly
o Identifying and choosing four-year colleges and universities
o Assistance in choosing transferable courses that are in line with your transfer and career plans
o Facilitating a smooth transition to your destination university
Be sure to keep track of all important deadlines when applying. Some of the deadlines and requirements you need to be aware of are:
o Application deadline
o Financial Aid deadline
o Scholarship Requirements and deadline
o Housing Application and deadline
How well you do at MCC is key to a successful transfer. Excel in the required courses for transfer, get involved in campus activities, meet with a counselor, and research your career goals.
What Can You Expect from Transfer Counseling?
- Assistance in selecting a major that will transfer smoothly
- Identifying and choosing four-year colleges and universities
- Assistance in choosing transferable courses that are in line with your transfer and career plans
- Facilitating a smooth transition to your destination university
Quick Steps to Begin!
- Meet with a transfer counselor in Counseling Services – Edison Hall Room 100
- Before your meeting, think about:
- Your major options
- Transfer college/university options
- Questions you have for your transfer counselor
- To Make an appointment stop by Edison Hall Room 100 or call 732.906.2546