Location: Johnson Learning Center Room 230
Telephone: (732) 906-2507
Project Connections is a selective, comprehensive academic and counseling support service for students with specific learning disabilities who are enrolled in mainstream programs at Middlesex County College. With appropriate academic and counseling support, many students with specific learning disabilities can meet with success at college and become more independent.
Project Connections provides service beyond what is required by law. Admissions to Project Connections is competitive and selective and based on a number of criteria including a personal interview. For an application, please call 732-906-2507.
Open House Dates:
Location: Crabiel Hall – Brunswick Room 102
Time: 7:00 – 8:30pm
- Tuesday, October 15, 2019
- Tuesday, November 19, 2019
- Wednesday, January 22, 2020
- Wednesday, January 29, 2020 (Snow day only)
PROJECT CONNECTIONS SERVICES
1. Summer program and needs assessment
2. Support course sequence, including:
- study skills, self awareness and advocacy
- computer literacy
- educational and career planning
3. Course accommodations
4. Individual and group tutoring by educational specialists
5. Adapted testing
6. Basic skills support labs
7. Counseling (group and individual)
8. Academic advising
9. Priority registration
PROJECT CONNECTIONS STUDENTS
Project Connections students are students with average to above average intelligence who have documented specific learning disabilities.
PROJECT CONNECTIONS STAFF
Project Connections staff include education specialists and counselors who work as a team to provide educational and emotional support for students with specific learning disabilities.
PROJECT CONNECTIONS APPLICATION
Please click HERE for information about the Project Connections application process, along with related forms. Project Connections will only consider applications for students with documented specific learning disabilities. The application deadline for Fall 2020 is February 14, 2020.