The Department of eLearning supports faculty in the development, design, and deployment of effective and engaging online, web-enhanced and hybrid courses. The eLearning Department administers the Learning Management System and manages all facets of distance education development and implementation.
The Department of eLearning develops and implements training programs for faculty who wish to utilize digital media to enhance teaching and learning in their web-based and traditional face-to-face classroom. We provide professional activities and support for faculty seeking to use the Learning Management System to engage students and enhance the teaching and learning process, while providing sound pedagogical theories and best practices associated with online, hybrid, and face-to-face courses.
To support, facilitate, and nurture the expansion of eLearning in all educational modalities: traditional face-to-face, online, hybrid and independent study by encouraging:
- Achievement in excellence and innovation in teaching, learning and scholarly activities that realize active student engagement and learning through the use of technology, universality and accessibility.
- Creation and deployment of scalable learning management system solutions and including resources, enhancements, processes and any related functionality required for an integrative approach to learning virtually with technology.
- Delivery of sustainable learner-centric products, programs and learning approaches through support, knowledge transfer and educational training for all members of the College community.
- Development of relationships with faculty, staff, students and educational partners in order to support teaching and learning, and to promote student learning, retention, and active engagement through the use of technology.
- Advancement and support of teaching and learning environments and pedagogical methods integrated with assessment and measurement solutions that assist educators in ensuring maximization of learning outcomes and program achievement.
- Exploration (Evaluation) of new and emerging pedagogical concepts and technologies that embrace best practices in teaching and learning through a variety of delivery methods.
We are located in Center 3 next to Parking Lot 5.
Call us at 732-906-2514, or email email@example.com.
Department of eLearning Staff:
Michael Sullivan, Director
Shannon Osborn-Jones, Acting Assistant Director
Edie Freudenberger, Instructional Design Technician
Desiree Squire, Departmental Assistant