middlesexcc.edu is now middlesexcollege.edu

Alternative Financial Aid for NJ DREAMERS

On May 9th, 2018, Governor Phil Murphy signed into law legislation that provides state financial aid assistance, such as NJ TAG grants, NJ EOF grants, NJ Governor’s Urban Scholarship, and the NJ S.T.A.R.S. scholarship program for eligible students that:

  • Attended a New Jersey high school for at least three (3) years
  • Graduated from a New Jersey high school or obtained its equivalent under New Jersey law
  • Are registered for selective service (males only)
  • Are able to sign an affidavit stating the you will file an application to legalize your immigration status or will file an application as soon as you are eligible to do so

Students that meet the criteria at the top of this page and are not eligible to fill out a FAFSA application can apply for state aid using the NJ Alternative Financial Aid Application.  Please follow these steps to apply:

  1. Apply online at http://www.hesaa.org/Pages/NJAlternativeApplication.aspx
  2. Apply for admissions to Middlesex County College and follow all steps in your admissions acceptance letter
  3. Submit proof you have attended a New Jersey high school for at least three (3) years (such as a high school transcript) to Middlesex County College
  4. Submit proof you have graduated from a New Jersey high school (such as a final high school transcript which shows your date of graduation) or its equivalent (such as a GED certificate) to Middlesex County College
  5. Males must register for Selective Service at www.sss.gov
  6. Complete the Alternative Financial Aid Affidavit – Click here
  7. Select “Login to NJ FAMS” on https://www.hesaa.org/Pages/NJAlternativeApplication.aspx create an account, log in, and see if NJ HESAA (Higher Education Student Assistance Authority) is requesting any additional information. Please check this website regularly.

Questions? Please email faid@middlesexcc.edu or call 732-548-6000 ext. 3520 for assistance.

Please note:  Students that meet the citizenship eligibility requirement to fill out a FAFSA application (are a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, refugee, or asylee with a valid social security number) must file a FAFSA application at www.fafsa.gov for federal and state financial aid assistance.