Winter Financial Aid
Did you know you may be able to use your financial aid to pay for Winter courses?
Students may be eligible to use a portion of their Spring 2019 Federal Pell Grant and/or Federal Direct Student Loans to pay for Winter tuition and fees
- Pell Grants can be awarded in the Winter to students who are enrolled at least one credit.
- Federal Direct loan recipients must be enrolled in at least 6 credits between Winter and Spring semesters combined.
- In most cases, financial aid programs will not pay for Winter courses that a student has withdrawn from.
- Please note, financial aid considers Winter as a part of the Spring semester. If you are enrolled in both Winter and Spring, the credit refund showing on your Winter bill may be the total refund amount for both of your Winter and Spring semesters.
- Financial Aid is only awarded to degree seeking students only. Therefore non degree or visiting students are not eligible to receive financial aid for the Winter semester. Additionally, students must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress at the conclusion of the Fall semester.
- Any student who is not making Satisfactory Academic Progress will have their Winter/Spring aid canceled and will incur a bill. If you are planning to attend a different institution for the Spring 2019 semester, you must notify that school about your Winter financial aid.