- National Minority AIDS Counci (www.nmac.org) – specific information about impact of HIV on African-Americans.
- United Nations and World Health Organization (www.unaids.org/)
- Advocates for Youth (www.advocatesforyouth.org/)
Other Health-Related topics:
- Go Ask Alice! (www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/) Q&A website. Updated weekly. All questions are read and email addresses of inquirers are scrambled before reaching the webpage to ensure anonymity.
- Centers for Disease Control (www.cdc.gov)
- Here are several interesting web pages dealing with safety topics, including fire, environmental, etc.
- The Occupational Health & Safety Administration – (OSHA) http://www.osha.gov/
- The Environmental Protection Agency – http://www.epa.gov/
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection – http://www.state.nj.us/dep/
- A website full of the latest information about fire science, firefighting and news – Firehouse. http://www.firehouse.com/
- The Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) for information and updates on disasters, preparation, etc. –http://fema.gov/
- The United States Fire Administration (USFA) has information about fire safety, training, courses, the National Fire Academy and more – http://usfa.fema.gov/
- NIOSH (National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health) – information on many health and safety issues, etc. –http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/homepage.html
- The National Electrical Safety Foundation (NESF) – http://www.esfi.org/
- Underwriter’s Laboratory (UL) – http://www.ul.com/