Algebra Summer Institute
For students who have completed 6, 7, or 8th grade.
- July 1-31, 2019
- Monday through Thursday, 9:00am – 12:00pm
- $400.00/student, 20 student minimum
This program is available through district partnership. The Institute is recommended for students interested in preparing for an Algebra I course. It is not a substitute for an Algebra I course. Students will explore algebraic concepts through hands-on activities and the integration of technology. The Institute is suggested for student enrichment and/ or strengthening concepts.
Discover Algebra by exploring:
- Data driven problems in real-world context
- Numerical, graphical, symbolic, and expositional perspectives
- Ideas of ”proportionality” and “function” and especially the “rate at which a function changes.”
- Linear Regression
- Technology to assist understanding
Districts may partner w/ each other to meet student minimum. Space provided by MCC or your district. Fax completed applications w/ purchase order or other form of payment to K-12 Partnerships at: 732.906.7709.
Questions? Email K12Partnerships@middlesexcc.edu