Road to Scholars is a college credit program for students completing 9th grade. The program offers a selection of college courses that students can take during the summer semester. It provides students the opportunity to experience a college course on-campus. Grades will be recorded on a permanent MCC transcript and credits may be transferred to other colleges. Please note transfer is not guaranteed. Students that complete a Road to Scholars course with a grade of ‘C’ or better will be eligible to participate in the High School Scholars program on-campus in Fall 2019.
Road to Scholars courses will be selected by January 2019 and posted with an application for registration. Courses may include graphic design, C++, geology, etc. Course schedules may run from July 1 – August 15, 2019. Classes will meet Monday through Thursday, between 9am and 2:30pm. Schedules are subject to change. Please check back in January 2019 for more information.
· Applicants must be 14 years of age and completing 9th grade. Courses are intended to be taken the summer between 9th and 10th grade.
· Applicants must complete a Road to Scholars application and obtain proper signatures of approval from a parent or guardian, as well as a guidance counselor prior to registering for a course.
· Homeschool applicants must have completed the equivalent of 9th grade and be at least 14 years of age.
· Full tuition and fees. Tuition and fees are subject to change. Click here to view current rates.
· Students should discuss course selection with a guidance counselor.
· Students will be on a college campus with college students and must adhere to MCC’s policies and procedures, as well as MCC’s student code of conduct. Please visit www.middlesexcc.edu/registrar to review the code of conduct before the course begins.
· Textbooks and other materials may be required and must be purchased before the first day of the course. Bring a copy of your schedule to the bookstore on-campus to purchase appropriate course materials.
· Grades will be recorded on a permanent MCC transcript. Credit may be transferred to other institutions by requesting a transcript through Webadvisor.
· We recommend door to door drop-off and pick-up for students. Please do not leave students unsupervised before or after posted class times.
Students that participate in Road to Scholars and earn a grade of ‘C’ or better will be eligible to participate in the High School Scholars program on-campus in Fall 2019.
Note: Please use Adobe to open this fillable PDF file.