Modified Fall 2020 Schedule
Middlesex County College is committed to a safe learning environment for all students and staff. So that students can continue their education while mitigating the risks of exposure to COVID-19, we are modifying our Fall 2020 schedule of course offerings to reduce the number of on-campus classes.
Students will see the following changes as we modify the Fall 2020 course schedule during the first two weeks of July:
- New online sections will be added
- Many courses that were formerly listed as on-campus (Main Campus in Edison, New Brunswick Center, Perth Amboy Center) will be converted a Remote Live format (see below for course mode definitions). If you are already enrolled for the Fall semester and your course is converted to Remote Live, you will be notified.
- Some courses that were formerly listed as on-campus will be converted to Hybrid (50% on campus, 50% online or remote live). All on-campus instruction will adhere to strict health and safety protocols in compliance with state and local guidance. If you are already enrolled for the Fall semester and your course is converted to Hybrid, you will be notified.
- Some courses that were formerly listed as on-campus will be cancelled. Advisors will contact students who are enrolled in these sections to assist them with enrolling in an alternate fully Online or Remote Live section of the same course.
Understanding Instructional Options:
For all Fall courses, students will need access to a computer or tablet with microphone and the internet. MCC may be able to loan equipment to you. You can make your request by completing this form. If you need assistance, please contact email@example.com for information.
Online courses have all course materials and assignments delivered online in Canvas.
- There are no required weekly meeting times.
- Log in when it is convenient for you and complete work by the due date.
- This mode is a good option for students who prefer a flexible schedule and have effective time management skills.
Remote Live courses are held on the scheduled class days and times using technology such as video conferencing.
- Log in at the time the class is scheduled and engage with the professor and students in real-time.
- Some sections may include online content for students to complete on their own time by the established deadline instead of meeting for every scheduled class session.
Hybrid courses include a combination of on-campus meetings and remote/online sessions.
Questions? Contact: Student_Services@middlesexcc.edu