middlesexcc.edu is now middlesexcollege.edu

High School Scholars

pdfClick here to download the application

Perth Amboy public high school students have the opportunity to take Middlesex County College courses at the Perth Amboy Center for a reduced fee of $200 per course, as part of the High School Scholars program.

What is it?
The High School Scholars program provides eligible students the opportunity to earn Middlesex County College credit while still in high school.

Who can apply?
Students that are 15 years of age and in their sophomore year (10th grade) of high school may apply for up to 8 credits per semester.

What course(s) can I take?
Students can take any course for which s/he meets the pre-requisite. Placement testing may be required for certain courses.

How many courses can I take?
Students can take up to 8 credits of coursework.

How do I apply?
Students must register for courses by filling out the High School Scholars application and obtaining proper signatures from a Parent/Guarding and a guidance counselor. Students may register in-person at the Perth Amboy Center or at the Edison campus Office of School Relations, Bill Johnson Hall 200.

What is the cost?
The fee will be $200 per course, non-refundable and non-transferable, for Fall and Spring semesters. Cost of textbooks and/or other required course materials is not included in the fee. Students will be responsible for obtaining proper materials and their courses(s).

Is there transportation?
Students will be responsible for transportation to the Perth Amboy Center for classes.

Why should I take a High School Scholars course?
Taking courses at Middlesex County College will allow you to explore different careers, experience a college course and environment, meet professors, students, and other college staff, and ultimately save money. Our courses are very transfer-friendly and cost less than that of a 4-year institution.

Can I work toward an Associate’s Degree while I’m still in high school?
Yes you can! Count your credits and make your credits count! Our new student planner tool enables all enrolled students to perform a degree audit and keep track of courses that will count toward a specific major. Take courses during 10th, 11th, and 12th grade and you may be close to completing an Associate’s Degree the summer after you graduate high school. If you are planning to attend a public 4-year institution in New Jersey, all of your credits from your completed Associate’s Degree will be transferred and you will enter college as a junior. You can save over $20,000 in tuition and fees! Click here to view our degree programs

My high school offers your courses as dual enrollment…what is the difference?
Many area high schools offer Middlesex County College courses during the regular school day. These courses are called dual enrollment courses. Dual enrollment courses award credit to students by both the high school and the college. Courses cost just $200 each and grades of ‘C’ or better can be submitted for transfer to other institutions on a Middlesex County College official transcript. Students are responsible for following up with other institutions regarding transferability of courses. Please note dual enrollment course offerings vary by school, and not all schools offer dual enrollment as an option.