During the Spring 2015 registration period, Middlesex County College will be conducting a pilot to permit Course Waitlisting through Campus Cruiser/WebAdvisor for all sections of the following courses:
- MAT 123 – Statistics I
- MAT 129 – Precalculus I
- MAT 131 – Analytic Geometry and Calculus I
- MAT 132 – Analytic Geometry and Calculus II
The CampusCruiser/WebAdvisor Waitlist is an automated process that provides students with the opportunity to add themselves to a list of students who want to register for a closed class section. If a seat becomes available, the first student on the waitlist receives a CampusCruiser email offering the opportunity to register. If the student chooses not to register, or fails to register for the seat within 24 hours, the next student on the list is offered the seat and so on, until the available seat is taken. If more than one seat in a closed section opens, students are offered seats in the order in which their names appear on the waitlist.
KEY POINTS TO REMEMBER ABOUT WAITLISTING
- Waitlisting does not guarantee a seat will become available in a course.
- When a seat becomes available, the first student on the waitlist is notified and given a 24 hour period to accept an offer of an open seat. If the student chooses not to register, or fails to register within the 24 hour time period, the seat is forfeited and the next student on the waitlist will be given the opportunity to register for the course.
- It’s essential that students monitor their official MCC CampusCruiser e-mail frequently so that they can act on a seat offer within the allotted 24 hour period.
- Students should familiarize themselves with the document titled Course Waitlisting Frequently Asked Questions, which provides important information on how course waitlisting works and what the student’s responsibilities are in effectively utilizing this registration service.