middlesexcc.edu is now middlesexcollege.edu

 Contact Info

West Hall

 Contact Info

West Hall

Frequently Asked Questions

Web Registration

Web registration is available to eligible current students through Self Service. Visit your academic advisor to determine if you are eligible to register. If you need assistance with logging in, please contact the IT Help Desk at help_desk@middlesexcc.edu

Mail Registration

Complete the in-person student registration form and mail the form along with full payment of tuition, fees, and application fee (if applicable) to:

Enrollment Services
Middlesex College
2600 Woodbridge Ave.
Edison, NJ 08818

Payment may be made by check or money order or by completing the credit card information on the registration form. Do not mail cash.

A student schedule/invoice will be mailed to you as confirmation.

New students must enroll in the college before they can register for classes. To enroll, you must complete an online application and pay the $25 application fee. Paper applications are not accepted. To learn more about enrolling in the college, please visit our Getting Started page or contact Enrollment Services.

You’ll be able to register before in-person registration begins. It’s easy and convenient. You may register when you want, not just when the enrollment offices are open. Just log into Self Service for web registration. You’ll be making it easier for students enrolled in majors with special restrictions that require them to register in person.

Because of special restrictions that require a manual override in the registration process, you must register in person.These special restrictions may exist because of your academic status, your major, or co-requisites that cannot be checked by the web registration systems.

  • Visiting students.
  • Applicants who have already earned a college degree from an accredited U.S. institution are exempted from testing.
  • Students who have completed a minimum of 24 college level credits from an accredited U.S. institution including college level mathematics and English may be exempted.
  • Students who have scores from an approved New Jersey college do not retest.
  • Students enrolled in English as a Second Language courses may not take the College Placement test until they complete the final ESL course.

If you register on the web, you should print your schedule right from the computer screen as your schedule will not be mailed. For a printable version of your term bill and schedule, in Self Service from the left dashboard, click on Financial Information and then Student Finance. From the Student Finance dropdown menu, choose Account Activity. From the Account Activity page, choose the term that you would like to view, then click on the View Statement link. A PDF file will open in a new tab.

To make your payment in Self Service: from the left dashboard, go to Financial Information and click on Make a Payment. You must make payment in full before or on the semester due date to secure your registration. You may use Discover, MasterCard or VISA.

No. You will need to submit an Application for Graduation through Self-Service. For detailed information regarding applying for graduation, deadline dates and commencement information, see: Graduation Information.

Students who apply after April 1 for May Graduation will not have their names listed in the Commencement Program and may experience a delay in receipt of their diploma(s).

Grades are available at the end of the term, normally within two business days after the final examination period. Grade reports are not mailed. Students may access their early warning, midterm and final grades through Self Service. For more information, see: Grade Information.

Submit a Change of Residency Form to Enrollment Service located in West Hall, Academic Services Building.

You must include a copy of two of the following documents:

  • valid driver’s license
  • property tax bill
  • voter registration certification
  • current utility bill or current credit card statement

Yes.You may change your schedule up until classes begin.If you add or drop a class on the web, be sure to print a copy of your updated schedule to verify that your transaction went through correctly.

Avoid problems by verifying that we have your current address and by paying your bill on time. For more information on tuition/fees, payment options and payment due dates visit the Office of Student Account Services. Students who attend class without being properly registered may be subject to a $103.00 per credit reinstatement fee.

The Academic Advising Center, located in West Hall, is open Monday & Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. and Tuesdays,Wednesdays and Fridays 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Professional advisors are available on a drop-in basis to answer your questions and help you to develop a plan of study.
Drop by or call the Academic Advising Center at (732) 906-2596.
You may also e-mail them with questions at : Advising@middlesexcc.edu

Your Self Service login is the same as your NetID login. If you forgot your password, visit NetID, and click “Password/Login Help”

Students currently attending another institution and who wish to enroll at Middlesex College, should follow the instructions for Visiting Students.

If you have not attended Middlesex College for two years or more, you will need to submit a new application to the Admissions department.

Please visit the Transcripts page for information on how to request an official academic transcript.

For information on getting a Certification of Enrollment, see: Certification of Enrollment.

Students wishing to change their major can do so by emailing advising@middlesexcc.edu and indicating their choice of new major. Your choice will be forwarded to an evaluator in the Office of the Registrar to make the change.

Students wishing to officially change personal information on their records can make a Personal Information Change request.

Yes, the College offers a payment plan. For more information on tuition/fees, payment options and payment due dates, visit Student Account Services.

If you answered, “no”, keep reading!

Your NetID login and password give you access to a variety of web-based services, including email, announcements, and important notifications from your instructors and College administrative offices.

In addition, Self Service allows you to pay your tuition bill with a credit card, access your midterm and final grades, print a copy of your class schedule, check your major requirements and much more. Many instructors are requiring that their students use Canvas to get the course syllabus and class assignments. Even if you aren’t eligible to register this semester through Self Service, you may be able to in the future.

And, it’s still important to know your NetID login and password so that you can access the other valuable services Middlesex College Web Applications have to offer.

• All full-time students must take the College Placement test or the English as a Second Language test before registering for classes.
• It is recommended that new Part-time students test before their first registration to ensure proper placement but they may register for one semester before testing provided they do not wish to enroll in any English or math related course. Testing is mandatory before any subsequent registration, unless you have transfer credits. For more information on placement testing requirements and procedures, visit the Testing Center.

Yes. If you have never taken courses at Middlesex College, you must apply to be admitted as a part-time, non-degree seeking student with no major. You will not be eligible for financial aid and you may register for a maximum of 11 credits.

Most students can. However, you cannot register online if:

  • the course is full
  • your Middlesex College transcript does not show that you have satisfied a course prerequisite
  • you have not satisfied a course prerequisite
  • you need to submit special written permission from the chairperson of that department or others in person to register for the course
  • the course has a co-requisite

You can register online for all of your other courses.

Yes. Submit a copy of your transcript with your registration or ask the Department Chairperson to waive the prerequisite on your registration form.