Graduation Application Information
Degrees and certificates are awarded three times a year: in August, January, and May. Students are required to submit a Graduation Application for each program for which they expect to graduate. The application fee is $40 for each degree/certificate.
The Deadlines for Filing Are:
- April 1 for May Graduation
- July 1 for August Graduation
- December 1 for January Graduation
How to Submit a Graduation Application Online (Login ID and password required)
- Log into Web Advisor
- Click on the blue “Students” button
- Under the “Academic Planning” section, select “Graduation Application”
- Choose your Academic Program and Anticipated Graduation Term, click submit
- Complete all required information on the Application and payment information (MasterCard, Visa, Discover) for the $40 fee per degree/certificate
- Submit your request
You must complete an academic major program to the satisfaction of the department administering the major. Students who do not meet all degree or certificate requirements for the graduation date stated on their application, must notify the Registration Office, either by email or in person in order to be considered for graduation at a later date. You will not be charged an additional application fee.
Steps to Graduation & the Commencement Ceremony
Commencement Ceremony 2020
Thursday, May 21, 2020 – 10:30 am
Rutgers Athletic Center – 83 Rockafeller Rd. Piscataway, NJ 08854
1. Apply for Graduation
*See the deadline for filing information noted above.
2. Pick Up Your Cap & Gown
- Attend the Graduation Fair being held from 10 am – 6 pm on March 18, 2020 in the College Bookstore.
- Cap & gowns will be available for pick up at the bookstore through the morning of May 21. Sizing may be limited closer to commencement day.
- Log onto middlesexcc.bncollege.com to purchase MCC alumni and school spirit apparel, diplomas, frames, and gifts.
- Log onto herffjones.com/college/graduation to place an order for annoucements.
Check the bookstore’s website for store hours:
3. Attend the Commencement Ceremony at the Rutgers Athletic Center (The RAC)
No Tickets are Required for the Ceremony
Location: Commencement will be held at the Rutgers Athletic Center, which is on Rockafeller Rd. on the Livingston Campus, right off of 287 & Rt. 18. Directions to the RAC can be found here: http://scarletknights.com/
Parking: There is sufficient parking at the RAC. Plan to arrive early to allow time to get from the parking lot to the building entrance. Handicapped drop-off is permitted, but cars must be moved to a parking lot. Parking instructions can be found here: http://scarletknights.com/
Processional: Plan to arrive early. Check-in begins at 9:30 a.m. at the RAC. Signs will direct you to the appropriate location. Check-in no later than 10 am to pick up your name announcement card. Please be in line by 10:15 am as the processional begins promptly at 10:30 am
Pictures: Your photograph will be taken by professional photographers as you cross the stage and again as you exit the stage. Purchase of these photos is optional. To see the proofs of the photos, complete the information on the reverse side of your name announcement card. It is important to keep moving while on stage. Do not stop to wave, wait for others or take selfies as it slows the line and will disrupt the photographer who is trying to get photos of you and the person behind you.
Following the Processional: Your cap, gown and tassel are included in your graduation application fee and are yours to keep. Class rings and diploma frames may be purchased separately.
4. Please Note
Due to security reasons, umbrellas and balloons are not allowed at the Rutgers Athletic Center.
5. Diploma Pick-Up
Diplomas are picked up by the graduates in Enrollment Services, located on the Edison campus in West Hall. Photo ID is required when picking up diplomas. For the most current Enrollment Services hours – see the website at https://www.middlesexcc.edu/
May 2019 Graduates – Diplomas Available
August 2019 Graduates – Diplomas Available
January 2020 Graduates – Diplomas Available: approximately six weeks after January 31