A student who had exhibited poor academic performance prior to an extended period of absence from the College, may, following a successful return to the College, appeal to have the previously earned grades disregarded in calculating the GPA.
The following terms and conditions apply:
- The GPA prior to the period of absence from the College must have been below 2.0.
- A minimum of three years without Middlesex County College enrollment in credit and credit equivalent courses must have elapsed prior to re-enrollment.
- A student must complete 18 credits following re-enrollment, with a minimum GPA of 2.0, prior to submitting the appeal.
- No credits or grades earned prior to the period of absence will be counted in the calculation of the new GPA or credits toward graduation.
- All courses and grades will continue to appear on the transcript.
- An Academic Amnesty Appeal may be approved only once for any individual student and is irrevocable.
Note that a student receiving benefits from the Veterans’ Administration will not be reimbursed for repeating courses which had already been passed. Note also that a student transferring to another college will be bound by the incoming college’s terms and conditions for accepting transfer credits.