Transfer Credit & Prior Learning Credits
Steps in the Transfer Credit Process for Transfer Students
Submit an official college transcript(s) from your previous institution(s) to Enrollment Services at the mailing address below:
Enrollment Services – West Hall
PO Box 3050
2600 Woodbridge Avenue
Edison, New Jersey 08837
For more specific information on different types of possible transfer credits, please see one of the links below:
- If you have attended an institution outside of the United States, the College requires and official course-by-course evaluation be submitted from World Education Services (WES) or another evaluation service which is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), in order to determine if transfer credit can be awarded.
- If you previously attended a non-collegiate education program that has been articulated through the American Council on Education (ACE), you should also submit that transcript for evaluation.
Check your Middlesex College Outlook email account for updates regarding your transfer credits.
- Please see MyMCC to claim your NetID if you have not already done so, and/or log into your Outlook account. If additional information, such as a course syllabus, is required in order to determine a course’s equivalency, you will be contact via email for this information.
- Once transfer credit has been awarded you will receive an email notice with your next steps in the enrollment process.
- During peak times in the enrollment cycle, there may be longer processing times in awarding transfer credits. You will receive an update regarding your transfer credit in approximately ten business days from when the student records evaluator receives your transcript. This processing time will be much shorter if you are transferring from an institution that already has established course equivalencies.
Meet with an Academic Advisor and register for classes.
- After you receive an email notice stating that your transcripts have been evaluated, you can review this information on the My Progress/Self-Service webpage. For step by step instructions, please see this guide.
- Please meet with an academic advisor to create an academic plan and register for classes.
Do you still have questions?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for answers.