Students must apply for a FAFSA grant if they want to be considered
for a scholarship: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
(MCC Federal School Code-002615)
Please read before applying
- After reading Guidelines, click on “Apply Now” to start the application process. https://middlesexcc.awardspring.com/
- Follow instructions to register. Once you are registered, you can log in and out as many times as you need to complete your application. The program will save all of your previous entries.
Under Application, there are four sections.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION
- ACADEMIC INFORMATION
- ESSAY RESPONSES
- QUALIFICATION QUESTIONS
You must complete each section in order. The program will prompt you if you missed something. You will not be able to move on to the next section until the first one is completed.
DO NOT USE ALL CAPS. The way you type your information is the way you’ll see it when you receive email from the scholarships office.
- Complete the entire application. Recommended scholarships will not be listed if the application is not finished. Because of the magnitude of applicants, incomplete applications will not be considered.
- For ESSAY RESPONSES, type directly into the text box per essay. Please take your time because these questions are important for the review process..(Hint: if you don’t have time to respond to essay responses, you can temporarily put an “X” in each box to move forward.)
- For more helpful tools, please check out the Scholarships Homepage.
Letters of Recommendation
- Unless otherwise noted, we are no longer requiring letters of recommendation. Please read the description of the scholarship you are applying for to see if a letter of recommendation is required. AwardSpring will prompt you to upload a letter of recommendation when required.
- All scholarships that require volunteerism or civic involvement will need a letter of recommendation from your supervisor. In some instances, more than one will be needed.