Terms & Conditions
Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- The FAFSA must be filed online at fafsa.gov using Middlesex County College’s school code: 002615. The Federal Processor at the Department of Education will determine financial need by reviewing the income data submitted on your FAFSA. You must file FAFSA in order to be considered for scholarships. International students are exempted from filing FAFSA.
- The Financial Aid Department has many valuable tools and information on their website: https://www.middlesexcc.edu/financial-aid/
- Students who do not qualify for federal or state funded financial aid will receive first consideration for scholarships.
- Scholarships are issued as a tuition credit. We make every effort to apply your scholarship before the tuition deadline; however, if your tuition has already been paid, a refund will be distributed by the Office of Student Account Services after mid-terms.
- All scholarship recipients are required to submit a formal thank you letter to the donor of their scholarship as soon as possible. Spring scholarships can be rescinded if a student fails to do so. For more information on writing a thank you letter please see:
- Unless otherwise noted, all scholarships awarded in fall are divided between fall and spring semesters. Students must continue to meet the criteria of their award(s) to receive a renewal award for spring.
- Scholarships are immediately rescinded if the student no longer meets the scholarship requirements. Under NO circumstance will a scholarship be awarded or remain awarded to a student who is taking less than SIX (6) credits. Withdrawing from courses may lead to ineligibility for the current term and the following Spring term, if applicable.
- If noted in letter of congratulations, scholarship recipients are required to attend an annual scholarship reception. A renewal award (if applicable) will not be issued for the spring semester to students who were invited but did not attend this event. Because of limited space available, student guests are not allowed.
- Academic Information will be verified during the scholarship award process.
- Financial information will be verified during the scholarship award process.
- It is the student’s responsibility to notify the scholarships office if federal or state funding or a waiver has been applied to his/her account AFTER a scholarship was given. Adjustments may be made.
- The availability of scholarships each academic year is subject to change throughout the application period. Please plan to check your online application regularly. Scholarship amounts vary per scholarship. Some scholarships are awarded to several students.
- MCC’s Scholarship Office reserves the right to adjust scholarship awards.
- Knowingly providing false information automatically disqualifies you from all scholarships.
- Note: Middlesex County College is a National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) – Division III member institution. NJCAA rules prohibit the awarding of scholarships based upon athletics criteria. Therefore, the College is prohibited from awarding scholarships based upon athletic ability, leadership, participation or performance. However, athletes are strongly encouraged to apply for more than 100 MCC scholarships that are not based on athletics criteria.
- By submitting your online application, you agree to release your records/photos to scholarship donors and review committee members and for publicity purposes. Please notify us if this if you have questions.
- Departmental Awards are awarded by various college departments and are not available through the AwardSpring online process.
- For students who did not pass the guidelines for SATISFACTORY ACADEMIC PROGRESS (SAP), a SAP Appeal may be submitted to the Financial Aid Department. If your appeal is denied, the Scholarships Office must adhere to that decision. (http://www.middlesexcc.edu/financial-aid/satisfactory-academic-progress/). For scholarship consideration, a student that has reached the Maximum Time Frame to received aid will still be considered for scholarships.
- MCC encourages scholarship applications from qualified students regardless of color, race, religion, national origin, gender, disability, or marital status.