Middlesex College is partnering with Nelnet Campus Commerce to offer students a payment plan option to make college more affordable.
Benefits of Payment Plan
- Easy Enrollment: Secure and Simple enrollment through your Self-Service account.
- Flexible Payment Options: Payments can be made with credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover & AMEX) and with E-check payment by providing your savings or checking bank account info.
- Pay No Interest Fee: Split your balance into monthly payments with zero interest.
- Stay Informed: Sign up through Nelnet to receive complimentary alerts, text messages, emails and more.
Fall 2021 Payment Plan Options
|Last day to enroll online||Required down payment||Number of payments||Payment dates|
|May 15||20%||4||June 01, July 01, August 01, September 01|
|June 15||20%||4||July 01, August 01, September 01, October 01|
|July 15||25%||3||August 01, September 01, October 01|
|August 15||33%||2||September 01, October 01|
|September 15||33%||2||October 01, November 01|
|October 15||50%||1||November 01|
Steps to Enroll in the Payment Plan
- Log into Self Service.
- Click on “Student Finance”.
- Locate “Student Finance” from the top bar menu and click on it for the drop down selections.
- Select “New***Payment Plans and Billing”.
- Click on “Proceed to Processor”.
- The first time you create a payment plan through Nelnet you will be asked to verify your demographic info. and create a 4-digit pin. The 4-digit pin will be used as an identifier when you call Nelnet for any payment plan inquiries.
- Verify the balance amount.
- Click on “Set up a payment plan”.
- Follow the steps to enroll into a payment plan.
Important Notes to Keep in Mind
- Enrolling in a payment plan requires a down payment. You must make a down payment to be able to enroll in the payment plan. The down payment must be made by the payment deadline to avoid losing classes for not making any payment arrangement.
- The payment method used to make the down payment is saved and will be used to pay for future installments.
- A proxy user can enroll in a payment plan for the student’s current balance. To do so, the proxy user must be given access to “Payment plan and Billing” and here is the navigation to grant an access to a proxy user.
- Log in to selfservice account>from the left side select User options>click on View/Add Proxy access>click on add another user>fill in the user info.>Scroll down and look for Student Finance section>click on “Payment Plan and Billing”>read the Disclosure Agreement and acknowledge the agreement>click on submit.