MCC Cares Food Pantry
Our Mission is to offer our students food and personal hygiene items at no cost. We are dedicated to building a culture of caring that recognizes students’ needs, provides thoughtful support, and empowers wellness and success in the classroom and beyond.
The MCC Cares Food Pantry was created in 2018 by a group of concerned faculty, staff, and alumni to address the issue of food insecurity facing our students. Food insecurity is defined as being without reliable access to a sufficient quantity of affordable and nutritious food. National studies have found that 50% of community college students are struggling with food insecurity.
The MCC Cares Food Pantry is a free resource available to all current MCC students. Pantry protocols are constantly evolving to meet the challenges presented by COVID-19. We are dedicated to the continued support of our students during this difficult time. Let’s stay connected! We are all in this together.
To access the food pantry:
- Complete MCC Cares Food Pantry form.
- You will then be contacted to sign up for an appointment on either Monday or Thursday between 9am and 5pm. Alternative arrangements are possible.
Students facing the challenge of any basic need insecurity (food, housing, transportation, childcare, healthcare, safety, etc.) are encouraged to contact Amanda Lyons, Basic Needs Coordinator at email@example.com
Nonperishable food items, toiletries, and baby diapers & wipes can also be donated by placing items in the blue pantry collection bins in the Gateway building lobby anytime, or by making a drop-off appointment with Amanda Lyons, Basic Needs Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dairy and Nondairy Milks
- Boxed, evaporated or powdered dairy or nondairy milk
Meat, Poultry, Fish (protein)
- Hearty non vegetarian soups and chili
- Canned or packaged tuna, salmon, chicken, turkey, beef
- Jerky (beef, turkey, etc.)
Beans, legumes, nuts (protein)
- Peanut and other nut butters
- Dried/canned lentils and beans
- Nuts (peanuts, almonds, walnuts, pistachios, cashew, etc.)
- Rice (bagged or boxed)
- Dry cereal
- Oatmeal, cream of wheat
- Dried pasta
- Baking mixes (pancakes, cornbread, muffins, biscuits, Bisquick, etc.)
Fruits and Vegetables
- Hearty vegetarian soups and chili
- Tomato sauce
- Canned fruits or vegetables
- Canned or instant potatoes
- Vegetable broth
- Dried fruit
- Fruit and vegetable juices
Fats, Oils, and Sweets
- Oils for cooking (canola, olive, vegetable)
- Jarred jams, jellies, or preserves
Personal hygiene/baby items
- Diapers and wipes
- Menstrual hygiene items
- Shampoo & conditioner
Click here to donate funds electronically online through the MCC Foundation. Be sure to specify that your gift is intended for the MCC Cares Food Pantry. Under Gift Designation is the option to choose a specific purpose for your gift. Select MCC Cares Food Pantry from the drop-down menu to donate.
Monetary donations enable us to shop and supplement the pantry’s offerings with the items most needed. Gift cards to Costco, Shop Rite or Stop & Shop are also welcome. Many thanks to all who help us build and strengthen our community through donations, volunteering and spreading awareness.
For questions or to donate contact Amanda Lyons, Basic Needs Coordinator, at email@example.com