Student Emergency Fund/Grant
Purpose: Emergency grants are for currently enrolled Middlesex College students. Emergency grants are provided by the Middlesex College Foundation to support students who might otherwise be unable to continue their education at Middlesex College.
Awards: Priority is given to registered students in good standing who did not receive CARES Act funding. Generally, payment is made to vendors or another third party (e.g., landlord, medical provider, bookstore, grocery store). In limited cases, payment may be made directly to the student. You may receive support as: one-time bill payment, gas gift cards or bus pass funding, bookstore voucher, support towards housing or grocery gift cards.
Expenses Covered by the Emergency Fund
Examples of emergencies to be considered include, but are not limited to:
- Emergency medical expenses
- Food or transportation needs
- Travel expenses due to serious illness or death in the family
- Overdue utility bills reaching a turnoff notice
- Homelessness or sudden loss of housing
- Loss of childcare
- Safety needs, including the needs of victims of domestic violence
- Books and other essential academic expenses
- Replacement of essential personal belongings due to fire or natural disaster
Expenses Not Covered by the Emergency Fund
- Tuition, fees, health insurance, and study abroad costs
- Non-essential personal bills such as: current utility, credit card, cable, etc.
- Parking tickets, library fines, or other expenses mistakenly incurred
- Funds for the replacement of lost items