The Testing Center is currently open for English as a Second Language (ESL) Placement Testing (drop in, no appointments necessary), Make-Up Testing, Adapted Testing, Correspondence Tests, and TEAS testing (these four by appointment only). No College Placement Tests, Credit by Exam, and CLEP tests are available at this time. Also, all students, faculty, etc. must wear a face mask while in the Testing Center, and must take and pass a COVID-19 symptom questionnaire before entering the Testing Center. For details, please call the Testing Center or the Adapted Testing.
PLEASE NOTE: The Middlesex College Testing Center is NOT a COVID-19 testing center.
Testing Center: Johnson Learning Center, Room 229
Purpose and Services:
- Adapted Testing is available for all students who need accommodations (extra time in testing, use of a calculator, distraction limited environment, scribe, etc) for any coursework (in-class essays, exams, mid-term/finals, etc).
- Appointments are mandatory in Adapted Testing and should be made in person or by phone at least 24 hours in advance (Please note: the student cannot make an appointment to take a test until the exam is in the Testing Center).
Hours (Fall and Spring Semesters):
|OFFICE HOURS*||TESTING HOURS***|
|Monday||8:30 AM – 5:00 PM||9:00 AM – 4:30 PM|
|Tuesday||8:30 AM – 5:00 PM||9:00 AM – 4:30 PM|
|Wednesday||8:30 AM – 5:00 PM||9:00 AM – 4:30 PM|
|Thursday||8:30 AM – 8:00 PM***||9:00 AM – 7:30 PM***|
|Friday||8:30 AM – 5:00 PM||9:00 AM – 4:30 PM|
* Hours the Testing Center is open.
** To contact us while we are working remotely, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
*** All tests must be begun and completed within these hours.
- Adapted Testing will serve all students who have received testing accommodations from either a counselor for students with learning disabilities in Counseling and Career Services (Edison Hall, Room 100 – 732-906-2546), or Project Connections (Johnson Learning Center, Room 230 – 732-906-2507)
- For incoming students, you must make an appointment with a counselor from Counseling and Career Services to receive accommodations prior to taking you college placement exam/Accuplacer.
- Returning students must meet with their counselor prior to each semester to renew their accommodations if they plan to use Adapted Testing to complete any essays/exams.
- Any students who do not have current testing accommodations at the time of testing will not be allowed to use Adapted Testing services.
- All students who use Adapted Testing services will be required to make an appointment for their test, show valid photo identification, and turn off all cell phones and other electronic devices not indicated in your accommodations, and lock them up in one of the Testing Center’s lockers while testing.
Jeri Richards-Hawkins or Sandra Jones
Phone: (732) 906-2547