Testing Center: Johnson Learning Center, Room 229
Purpose and Services:
- Adapted Testing is available for all students who need accommodations (extra time in testing, use of a calculator, distraction limited environment, scribe, etc) for any coursework (in-class essays, exams, mid-term/finals, etc).
- Appointments are mandatory in Adapted Testing and should be made in person or by phone at least 24 hours in advance (Please note: the student cannot make an appointment to take a test until the exam is in the Testing Center).
Hours (Fall and Spring Semesters):
- Monday – 9:00 AM – 8:45 PM (All tests must be completed by 8:45 PM)
- Tuesday – 9:00 AM – 4:45 PM (All tests must be completed by 4:45 PM)
- Wednesday – 9:00 AM – 4:45 PM (All tests must be completed by 4:45 PM)
- Thursday – 9:00 AM – 8:45 PM (All tests must be completed by 8:45 PM)
- Friday – 9:00 AM – 4:45 PM (All tests must be completed by 4:45 PM)
(For hours during the Summer and Winter Sessions, and during school breaks, please call the Adapted Testing Service)
- Adapted Testing will serve all students who have received testing accommodations from either a counselor for students with learning disabilities in Counseling and Career Services (Edison Hall, Room 100 – 732-906-2546), or Project Connections (Johnson Learning Center, Room 230 – 732-906-2507)
- For incoming students, you must make an appointment with a counselor from Counseling and Career Services to receive accommodations prior to taking you college placement exam/Accuplacer.
- Returning students must meet with their counselor prior to each semester to renew their accommodations if they plan to use Adapted Testing to complete any essays/exams.
- Any students who do not have current testing accommodations at the time of testing will not be allowed to use Adapted Testing services.
- All students who use Adapted Testing services will be required to make an appointment for their test, show valid photo identification, and turn off all cell phones and other electronic devices not indicated in your accommodations, and lock them up in one of the Testing Center’s lockers while testing.
Jeri Richards-Hawkins or Sandra Jones
Phone: (732) 906-2547